Stopcocks Women Plumbers
The world’s only national company of women plumbers and heating engineers
COVID 19 safety
We’re following these guidelines in the homes of our customers in England to keep you, our engineers and our other customers safe. In Wales and Scotland only emergencies will be attended.
Before the plumber arrives:
- please inform us if you have had a positive COVID 19 test, symptoms or contact with anyone who has in the last 14 days
- let us know if you’re shielding or supporting someone who is
Both of these instances may mean a postponement of your appointment unless it is a genuine emergency – that is, no heat, no hot water, no water, a gas or water leak.
- hands – They will wash their hands thoroughly before leaving the customer prior to you and sanitise them before entering your home. They will wash their hands before leaving your home to help protect themselves and their next customer
- face – They will wear a mask in your home and if you need to be in the same room as they work, will ask you to wear one
- space – Our engineers will strive to stay 2 metres away from you and any other members of your household, we recognise this is not always possible which is why we ask you to wear a mask while they are in your home unless you can wait in another room
When our engineers arrive at your home they will also:
- clean the area they will work on with anti-viral wipes or cleaner (please don’t be offended, they will do this even if you have done it before they arrive)
- ask you to wait in a separate room while they’re in your home if at all possible, if not they will ask you to wear a mask
- clean the area they’re worked on with anti-viral again before they leave
In addition, we request that you ventilate the area for 15 minutes before they are due to arrive by opening windows or doors and that you fully ventilate it again after they leave.
Thank you for helping us keep you, our other customers and our engineers safe.
Our Vision and Mission
We believe that as a plumbing and heating company we’re unique.
Established in 1990, Stopcocks have always put the needs of the customer first.
Access To Skilled Trades
I want to hire a female plumber
Learn more >
I want to become a franchisee
Learn more >
Our aim is to make your life easier
Our mission is to connect fully trained, highly competent female plumbers with those requiring their services throughout the U.K.
We believe that as a plumbing and heating company we’re unique. Established in 1990, Stopcocks have always put the needs of the customer first.
HOW IT WORKS
A Simple Process
Join the Stopcocks team
Gain control of your career with the security of a tried and tested Franchise business from Stopcocks Women Plumbers.
High earning potential
Reduce admin time
Experienced mentors always on-hand
We will let our track record do the talking
Stopcocks has grown from one woman and her vision into a national company showcasing excellent women plumbers.
We have created standards so that you can choose a someone who really cares about you, your home and your time.
Of satisfied customers
Would recommend Stopcocks
Of industry experience
Throughout the United Kingdom
I became a Stopcocks franchisee because I wanted to be self-employed, have a scope of work I could be proud of and grow as a plumber.
Patryk runs a removals and storage company called Removals & Storage Experts based in London. As the effects of global warming continue to cause havoc in different parts of the world, governments are pushing for more environmentally friendly systems in both...
The round table discussions at last year’s Women Installers Together gave evidence of something we’ve suspected a long time; that enough placements simply don’t exist and trainees who’re sometimes coming top in college, are leaking out of the system. It’s likely this is affecting men in the industry too. With the average age of plumbers 57/8 and only 5.9% of plumbers and heating engineers under the age of 35 it’s not surprising there isn’t the capacity to train up new blood, but at the same time, that’s why it’s needed.
Turkish Cypriot, Hatice Hasan MBE involved in new business to raise reputation of young plumbers in Kenya
Women plumbers are just 1 in every 100 plumbers in UK, just one of them has been awarded an MBE. That woman plumber, who proudly identifies as Turkish Cypriot, seems to have found a way to get more than the usual seven days out of every week because as well as...
Connecting female plumbers with clients
Whether you’re looking for a female plumber to help with your next project, or are interested in become a Stopcocks Woman Plumber, please get in touch with us today.