What do we include?
When you buy a Stopcocks Franchise we commit to supporting you to build a successful Stopcocks plumbing business for at least five years.
We want you to stay so we make sure the support you get is second to none. Then we invite you to renew ( the cost of the paperwork is required, but the Franchise fee is only payable once)
Here’s an outline of how we get you started and the ongoing support available to you in your Stopcocks Business.
First of all, before you join we’ll refer you to our partner Franchise Finance (an independent company) to help you work out your finances and should you need help, support and guidance to get a business loan – they boast a success rate of over 95%.
Training and Support:
- 1 week practical training Plumbing the Stopcocks Way – including diagnosis and understanding systems
- 1 week business training – including business planning (some of this is provided by an expert, independent company), setting and reaching your own targets, use of our unique online system
- Pricing support*
- 1 year’s free business/financial advice by using Cresswells, Stopcocks Women Plumbers’ suggested accountancy firm
- Through our partners Polypipe – BPEC accredited training – Installation of Warm Water Underfloor Heating and membership of Polypipe Registered Installer Network to add a new and profitable service to your business
- Technical support – 8am-8pm telephone helpline, by arrangement one-to-one on site mentoring
- Set-up, ongoing and annual review of business plan, target setting and problem solving
Administration and Community:
- A friendly human being to answer your phone (and emails) and keep customers happy while you get on with the plumbing – customers tell us that speaking immediately to a human being makes a huge difference and encourages them to choose Stopcocks Women Plumbers
- Free phone payment collection service (optional)
- A Stopcocks email address and branded signature on your emails – this lets your prospective customers know you are part of a professional company with high standards – encouraging them to choose you
- Software license for Stopcocks state-of-the-art booking, invoicing, communication with customers system ‘Go Plumb’. This saves you time and admin effort
- WI-FI enabled tablet for ‘on the move’ access to booking, invoice creation and payment processing
- Ongoing administrative support and community – annual conference, private Stopcocks online forum, regional meetings, reviews, assessments, IT help
- Comprehensive Operations Manual to guide you every step of the way
Territory and Marketing
- Exclusive local territory
- Renewable five year term
- Dedicated pages on Stopcocks prominent and fully mobile accessible website. In most areas of UK the Stopcocks website comes up at the top of Google in a search for Women Plumbers. When you join us we will apply our search engine techniques to make certain your Stopcocks page comes at the top for local searches for plumbers
- Branded clothing
- 500 personalised business cards
- Branded stationery
- Vehicle signage
- Marketing launch including press releases/flyers etc
- Social media marketing
*Linda Babcock, a professor of economics at Carnegie Mellon University and the author of Women Don’t Ask, has found, in studies of business-school students, that men initiate salary negotiations four times as often as women do, and that when women do negotiate, they ask for 30 percent less money than men do. At Manchester Business School, professor Marilyn Davidson has seen the same phenomenon, and believes that it comes from a lack of confidence. Each year she asks her students what they expect to earn, and what they deserve to earn, five years after graduation. On average, the men think they deserve £60,000 a year and the women $48,000—or around 20 percent less. Our help with pricing means you won’t undersell yourself.