- This event has passed.
Women Installers Together
13 September - 9:30 am 4:00 pmFree
After almost 30 years in the industry, Hattie Hasan has decided it’s time for women who are making it and succeeding as plumbers and gas engineers to celebrate! She is spearheading the first ever Women Installers Together conference, a free, national, one-day event click here to book your tickets now!
This yearly event will celebrate our skills, staying power and achievements – with cake, speakers, some excellent and useful training and great raffle prizes.
Since 1990, numbers of women in the plumbing and gas industries have hardly changed, remaining at less than 7% of those working in this sector. In fact, as you probably know, women make up approximately just 1% of all plumbing installers and 1 in 300 gas engineers. And yet, those of us who have broken into the plumbing industry are providing top class technical standards and backing that up with excellent customer service.
It’s time to sing your praises and celebrate with cake, great raffle prizes including
- 1st prize is a weekend in a luxury cabin fitted with Polypipe Underfloor Heating, complete with hot tub. For more information on the cabin, click here.
- A pair of groundbreaking kneepads from Recoil Kneepads (more about them here) invented by the amazing Victoria Hamilton
And fantastic Goody Bags!
*If you are an employer of female plumbers or gas engineers, please scroll to the end
What’s it all about?
We know so many female plumbers who’ve never had the chance to talk to another one and those of you who have, still want the opportunity to get together with other women who’re passionate about pipes. This day first and foremost is a whole day spent with other women plumbers and gas installers.
It’s a totally jam-packed day and you’ll hear great speakers who will celebrate your resilience, manage your image and help you move forward stronger: a two hour training session on dealing with difficult people (in your job – but with useful skills to take into all areas of your life) an opportunity to look at your career path and the success you may choose through self-employment, plus an informal networking segment so you can meet, talk to and connect with other women plumbers and gas engineers as well as ‘Meet the Sponsors’ to find out more about their products and why they’ve joined this collaboration celebrating you.
All of this will be punctuated with breakfast, lunch and cake!
Who is it for?
Female plumbers on the tools in employment, training or self employed
Gas engineers on the tools in employment, training or self employed
Installers on the tools in employment, training or self employed
Why should I attend?
- Meet and connect with other women installers to overcome isolation
- Build strong networks with other women in the industry
- Meet representatives of some of the top brands in the plumbing and gas industries
- Learn about training and development opportunities available from manufacturers
- Find new motivation and inspiration from the day’s speakers You will come away with these new skills:
– Be able to recognise potential conflict situations and be better at de-fusing them
– You will find your own effective ways of dealing with other people in difficult situations
– You will be more comfortable in conflict situations
– Know how to create positive outcomes from conflict
– Understand how having a strong personal brand can help you manage how others see you at work; especially useful to us as we’re stereotyped because of our small numbers
– Gain skills to identify and develop your personal brand
– Feel clearer about your path to success as a woman in a man’s world
Continental breakfast served from 9.30am
Morning (10am -1pm)
SKILLS | Jazz Jones – Dealing with conflict at work
This course is designed to help you deal with conflict situations in the workplace.
It will help you recognise these situations at work and in a customers house and give you practical tools to effectively deal with them.
– What is conflict? What does it mean, is conflict always negative?
– Understanding and identifying your own and other people’s confrontational styles
– Exploring conflict management techniques and what will work best for you
– Seeing things differently and challenging perceptions
SKILLS | SLG Marketing, Katie Beesley – The Power of Branding
INSPIRATION | Hattie Hasan – Making it in a Man’s World
NETWORKS | Meet the Sponsors and networking with other plumbers and gas installers
An opportunity to meet the sponsors, examine and discuss the products plus networking with other women installers to discuss common issues and find solutions.
- Goody bags
- Raffle 1st prize is a weekend in a luxury cabin fitted with Polypipe Underfloor Heating, complete with hot tub. For more information on the cabin, click here.
- A pair of Recoil Kneepads click here for more
- Signed copies of The Joy of Plumbing by Hattie Hasan
Click here to book
*What’s in it for employers?
Research earlier this year by Mind in collaboration with Construction News identified that workers in the construction industry experience twice the national average of mental health issues and that one third of absences result from stress at work. Given the tiny proportion of women in construction and maintenance – in even the most forward looking companies this proportion is rarely more than 2%; women in the construction industry are likely to experience even higher levels of stress at work, increasing absenteeism and even raising turnover of female skilled trades operatives.
This free one day conference directly addresses these issues providing strategies and community for women installers all over UK.
We urge employers to encourage your female plumbers and gas engineers to attend this unique one day event.